What students will learn
Kul-Gunn Academy offers baseball training for students aged 10 – 19. Our philosophy is to deliver professional training in a fun environment which fosters a positive attitude, true teamwork and increased mental and physical abilities.
Students will learn
- how to play the game of baseball
- how to improve batting, pitching and fielding techniques
- how to improve mental toughness, speed/agility, nutrition, hand-eye coordination and leadership ability
- how be recruited into a baseball team
The group mental and physical training sessions will improve your child’s balance, movement, concentration, confidence, flexibility and power.
Skills we teach and develop include:
- Hitting – proper mechanics, mental approach, plate discipline, situational hitting, bunting
- Catching -receiving, blocking, throwing/footwork mechanics, game calling
- Base running -primary and secondary leads, jumps, routes, steal keys, situational rules, sliding techniques
- Pitching – proper mechanics, arm-up routines, throwing programs, on-field drills, the mental side
- Fielding – proper mechanics, footwork, defensive positioning, cut-offs and relays, infield/outfield communication
- Physical performance training -increase speed/agility, build explosive power, increase endurance, injury-prevention
Who is welcome?
The Kul-Gunn Baseball Academy is open to pre-teens and teens (between 10-19 years) who are committed to learning how to play baseball properly. You don’t necessarily need to have any prior experience, but you do need a positive attitude and a willingness to participate.
At present we offer three training programs
- 8 Weel Academy Program
- Private Instruction
- Timberjacks Carnival