Craige Johnson – Managing Director
Craige has been involved in many different sporting organisations, but his passion has always been in Baseball. Though he did not start playing baseball until his late teens after moving from Cricket, it didn’t take long for him to build a very keen interest in the game. After many seasons playing local leagues in South Australia, New South Wales and Queensland he found his passion for developing players and building the pathways that could and would grow a young players opportunities.
After four years as the President of a local Baseball Club, Craige saw a need for something that was vastly different from the current format and one that would encourage kids to participate in the game he loves. With a few loyal friends he set about setting up the Kul-Gunn Sporting Association, which is the governing body for the Kul-Gunn Baseball Academy.
Peter Hartas – Director of Coaching
As a founding member of the Kul-Gunn Baseball Academy, Peter brings with him a wealth of knowledge and experience from his days playing and coaching Baseball. Peter has a long decorated Baseball Career where he has represented Australia and also played in the 1988 Olympics and a long career in the Australian Baseball League as a second Baseman. His long standing career lead to honors of being inducted into the Baseball Queensland Hall of Fame in 2007
- Queensland Baseball Hall of Fame
- Queensland Claxton Shield Player – 4 years
- ABL player – Gold Coast Clippers, Gold Coast Dolphins, Gold Coast Cougars, Brisbane Bandits
- Australian team – 8 years
- Olympic Team 1988
- Coaching – QLD U18 & U14
- Coaching – Head Coach – Mt Gravatt Eagles, Redlands Baseball Club, Runcorn Indians, Surfers Paradise Baseball Club
- Coaching – ABL – Gold Coast Cougars Assistant Coach
Dean Ainsworth – Marketing and Media Manager
Dean is a Level 3 accredited Coach who loves the game of Baseball and is eager to help young people achieve their goals. Dean has played Baseball from the age of 15 starting out at Mt Gravatt Eagles where he learnt the game under the 2 founding members of Kul-Gunn Baseball Academy, Craige Johnson and Peter Hartas. Dean went on to represent QLD in the Under 18 national Championships and his greatest success was being selected for the Gold Coast Cougars to play in the Australian Baseball League. Dean was a right handed pitcher.
- Queensland Rams Player
- ABL player – Gold Coast Cougars
- Brisbane A Grade Player – Mt Gravatt Eagles, Runcorn Indians, Redlands Rays Baseball Club
- Brisbane All Star Team 97
- Brisbane Expos USA Tour – 96 & 97
- Coaching – Pitching Coach – South Brisbane U16 & U18
- Coaching – Head Coach – Redlands Baseball Club U14, U18, B Grade, Runcorn Indians
John Fadian – Operational Liaison Manager
John is a level 3 accredited coach who came to Australia in 2006 from Scotland and quickly took up baseball to assist with his local club Coomera Cubs where his kids played. John was an assistant/head coach through all age groups as his kids progressed. He has played senior baseball through the years and participated in Pan Pacific game for the last six years.
- John was 1st base coach assisting Peter Hartas at Redlands baseball Club in 2013.
- John went on to assist Allan Connors as 1st base coach with QLD open woman’s team in 2014.
Mark Holden – Office Manager
Mark has been involved with the game of Baseball for over 25 years and is still actively playing the game. Mark ran the Little League at the Upwey-Furntree Gully Baseball Club for 2 seasons and over the last 9 years Mark has volunteered for the Redlands Rays Baseball Club in a variety of roles including helping his own kids in the game of Baseball.
- The Secretary of the Redlands Rays Baseball Club
- Level 1 Umpire since 2009
- Volunteer at State titles including umpiring